Amy & Stephen's Wedding


Amy & Stephen were married at the beginning of May at Lumley Castle in Durham. We'd originally met Amy & her mum Christine at a wedding fair at The Sage, and later met Stephen when they all came to our house for a chat about the big day. It was important to Amy & Stephen that their wedding day be relaxed and intimate, and we had a great day. To view the full gallery please follow this link

Amy very kindly answered these questions for the blog:

Wedding date - 5th May 2012

Venue - Lumley Castle

Dress - I got my dress from The Wedding Studio in Blyth, it’s a Forever Yours - style 47115.

Accessories - I got my headband 2 days before the wedding from the Dress Studio & Hat Hire Shop in Jesmond, I just fell in love with it. My bracelet & earrings were a gift from my husband and I got my shoes from BHS and jazzed them up with diamantes.

Suits - We went to Blades Formal Menswear in Ponteland. The price was the best we had, the service was brilliant and I thought they look fantastic.

Which of your suppliers would you recommend? - Loved my photographers!!! Still get comments now about how lovely and friendly you both were. Makes a big difference. Really pleased with the service from Blades Formal Menswear, thought they looked really good too. Loved my venue, perfect for what I wanted, we were fussed over and nothing was to much. They even had a few surprises in store.

Honeymoon - We're going to Silverstone F1 in July then we're off to Scotland in August for a mini-moon then to Cancun in February for our honeymoon. So lots to look forward to. (Note from Simon & Alison - have a fabulous time at the Grand Prix - we went last year and it was amazing! Will keep an eye out for you on the telly!)

Favourite memory from the day - I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of our day. We had an intimate wedding and we felt relaxed and happy. Married my best friend. Stephen enjoyed sitting at the table with all our family having a special meal.

Advice to other couples - Plan your big day how you want it to be and don’t feel pressured to conform to the norm. Making things for your big day goes down well too e.g cards, favours etc. Relax and don’t sweat the small stuff. I recommend the pre-wedding photoshoot with Simon and Alison too, we felt prepared for the day and had a good idea of the kind of photos we wanted.




























Labels: